Tiger Woods Player Profile - The GOAT
Tiger Woods Player Profile
Tiger Woods has been the most dominant figure in the game of golf since he burst on the scene in 1996. After this weeks’ dramatic one-shot, 5th green-jacket victory at Augusta, he now has 15 major titles to his credit. The win is his 81st on tour. At the age of 43 he is now poised to become the winningest golfer of all time, needing only 2 more titles to supplant Sam Snead. He needs 3 more majors to catch Jack Nicklaus at 18. Even though the sun may be setting on his career, the window just let in a bit more light.
Let’s look at a small sample of his significant achievements.
- Tiger is the only golfer to win the US Junior Amateur, US Amateur and US Open. He’s done that 3 times over.
- Included among Tigers 15 major titles are 5 Masters, 4 PGA Championships, 3 US Opens, and 3 Open Championships. He finished 2nd 6 times.
- Tiger has finished in the top ten in majors 41 times in 74 Appearances as a professional.
- His career earnings are over $118,000,000, the most all time.
- Tiger is the only player to have won all four professional major championships in a row, accomplishing the feat in the 2000–2001 seasons. This feat became known as the "Tiger Slam".
- Tiger has the lowest career scoring average in PGA Tour history.
- He won 5 straight tour starts 3 times.
- Tiger is the only player in PGA Tour history to win eight or more times on a single course. He has done it on three different courses.
His on-course accomplishments could fill an encyclopedia. Off the course he has earned close to a billion dollars in endorsements and his TGR Foundation has established programs to improve the health, education and welfare of all children. Over the years those programs have served more than 175,000 students while employing 1000 educators each year. He has been as influential off the course as he’s been on.